Marathon, Half Marathon, Relay Marathon, 5K, 1-Mile Kids Run
Saturday, August 24, 2019
MARATHON, 1/2 MARATHON, MARATHON RELAY
Check-in 5:00 - 5:45 am Races begin 6:30 am
5K Check-in 5:00 - 6:40 am Race begins 7:00 am
1-MILE KIDS RUN Check-in 5:00 - 7:00 am Race begins 7:10 am
COURSE & MAPS
The State Fair Marathon is a Boston qualifier. USATF course certification number is: #NE180056M
UPDATED MAPS 8/23/2019 The rain we got Thursday night/Friday morning is messing with the course BUT we have adjusted and want to let you know the few changes. We apologize for the map quality. It’s the best we can do on short notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Here are the changes to the Marathon that align with the map below: When you get to Hall County Park, stay to the right and run past the dump station. Follow the outer loop of the Park road with the flow of traffic. Run around all of the park and then run through the camp ground area. Re-enter the Hike & Bike Trail going east. Take the left on to Blaine. Take Blaine to Hwy 34. Run on the north side shoulder of Hwy 34 to Stuhr Museum. Do the Stuhr loop and follow the original course until you get to Kuesters Lake. The inner circle portion of the course around the lake has been eliminated due to flooding.
Here are the changes to the Half Marathon that align with the map below: When you get to Hall County Park, stay to the right and run past the dump station. Follow the outer loop of the Park road with the flow of traffic. Run around all of the park and then run through the campground area. Re-enter the Hike & Bike Trail going east. Turn left on to Blaine. Take Blaine to Hwy 34. Run on the north side shoulder of Hwy 34 to Stuhr Museum. Do the Stuhr loop and follow the original course until you get to Groff & Maple. Turn right on Maple for 2 blocks, then right on to East Ashton and follow the curve onto Memorial Drive. Take a left on Vine and stay on Vine to the FINISH LINE.
5K and 1 Mile courses have not changed.
The Marathon Course is open for 6 hours (6:30 am to 12:30 pm).
All races start and end on the Nebraska State Fairgrounds.
Chip timing provided by Precision Race Results.
Water stations on the course will feature Gatorade with the exception of the first station. We also have gu and some type of fruit at every station.
|Feb 1-May 31||Jun 1-Aug 6||Aug 7- Aug 23|
|Spectator Packet||$25||$25||not available|
Marathon, Half-Marathon, 5K (Men and Women):
10 & Under, 11 - 14, 15 - 19, 20 - 24, 25 - 29, 30 - 34, 35 - 39, 40 - 44, 45 - 49, 50 - 54, 55 - 59, 60 - 64, 65- 69, 70 - 74, 75 - 79, 80 - 89, 90+
Relay Divisions: Male, Female, Coed; 4 people per team
Kids Divisions: 5 & Under, 6-9, 10-13
Click here for Relay Information (pdf).
Medal for Marathon & Half-Marathon Finishers
Tech Shirt to all participants, Male or Female shirt option
Entry fee into Nebraska State Fair
Register at getmeregistered.com or either Y location.
No guarantee of a shirt after Monday, August 8.
No registrations taken after August 23, 12 noon.
Registration is limited to 5,000 entrants.
Click here for a paper registration.
PACKET PICK UP
August 23, 1:00 - 7:00 pm, First National Bank, 810 Allen Drive
August 24, starting at 5:00 am at the State Fair Grounds
Join us for an Expo during Packet Pick Up, Friday, August 23, 1:00-7:00 pm, First National Bank, 810 Allen Drive, Grand Island, Nebraska.
- Marathon, Half-Marathon, 5K: Cash prizes given for the top 3 male and female winners in the Marathon, Half-Marathon and the top male and female in the 5K. Cash prize given for breaking course record. Please click here for a full listing of cash prizes.
- Medals will be presented for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place runners in each age division.
- After the race, please join us for the awards ceremony in the Nebraska Building.
- 8:30 am Kid's 1 Mile, 5K
- 10:00 am Half-Marathon
- 11:30 am Marathon and Marathon Relay
SPECTATORS PLEASE NOTE:
- Spectators will need to purchase tickets to see the beginning and end of the races. Tickets may be ordered through getmeregistered.com or purchased at the gate the morning of the race.
- Or spectators may purchase a Spectator Packet for $30 which includes one (1) ticket to the State Fair, event shirt, and runners goody bag (valued over $30).
- Click here to purchase the Spectator Packet, a Marathon T-Shirt or tickets into the State Fair on race day, Saturday, August 24.